We invite all our guests to GO GREEN whilst you visit. You never know, you may enjoy it and even find it helps when you get home!!
Seven Simple Steps to a Greener Life
1. Energy: Switch off lights.
Don’t leave equipment on stand-by – it uses almost as much power as leaving them on.
Keep doors and windows closed if the heating is on.
2. Cars: This is an ideal location to leave the car behind and walk or cycle. Details of local walks and cycle routes can be found in the visitor information booklets/leaflets, as are details of bikes for hire.
3. Shop Local: We have a good few shops in Allendale and we can provide details of local Farmers Markets. Please also check the ‘Local shops and places to eat’ in your A–Z information booklet.
4. Reduce, Reuse and Recycle: Take a bag with you when you shop so you can avoid using another plastic carrier bag. Get into the habit before there is a charge on them – save yourself some money in the future. Please reuse and recycle them as much as possible – local charity shops may be grateful for them.
5. Be Water Wise. This may be a fairly wet area but we still need to save it where we can. You can help us by following our Bed Linen and Towel Policy in your A–Z information booklet. By saving water you will also save energy as all our water is pumped out of the ground, into a tank and is then pumped from the tank through the filters to the tap.
6. Follow the Country Code: Use footpaths and cycle ways. Take your rubbish home. Guard against fires. Close gates and, if there is livestock around, keep your dog on a lead.
7. Support Green Tourism Businesses